Marked for Musikk is an annual showcase event where professional artists present concerts aimed at a young audience from 0 to 18 years. The event’s target audience consists of bookers and producers for festivals, culture houses and The Cultural Schoolbag (programme for arts/concerts in school). In 2024, Marked for Musikk take place in Bodø, as a part of the cultural calendar of Bodø2024.
2024 will be an exciting and different year for Marked for Musikk, but also for the whole country, since Bodø and Nordland county is the European Capital of Culture! Marked for Musikk will be bart of Bodø2024, and will be held in Bodø september 16th-19th. In order to attract the best international concerts, we also cooperate with the YAMsession (Young Audience Music Session)
Feedback from performers and participants
Surveys among performers who have participated in recent years show that 100 % would recommend other performers to participate, and the majority receive performance assignments as a result of a showcase at Marked for Musikk . In addition to being an arena for buying and selling concerts, Marked for Musikk is an annual meeting place for performers, organizers and producers who work with music for children and young people. Networks are built and experience and expertice are exchanged. Both participants and performers also answer that Marked for Musikk is a great inspiration in their own work with concerts for a young target group.
- Day program: 30 minutes excerpt from concerts/workshops that is produced for the target group. Marked for Musikk invites children/youth to all the concerts in the day program to create a real concert situation.
- Spot on: A more informal setting in the evening, where concerts that are in development can also be shown. Shorter concerts (approx. 10 minutes), followed by a conversation with conference participants.
Who is attending?
The delegates are organizers who come from all over Norway, as well as some Scandinavian countries. It is mainly organizers and producers who work within the cultural school bag, culture centers and festivals. In 2024, delegates from approximately 12 European countries will be attending in addition, since we will be hosts to YAMssession.
The Programme Committee and the Strategic Advisory Committee
The event organisers work with a Programme Committee, whose role it is to select the musical content of the event. In addition we work this a Strategic Advisory Committee, whose role it is to look at the bigger picture, including relevance to the participants and the market, and the development of the event. Members of both committees represent the event’s target audiences (festivals, culture houses, The Cultural Schoolbag and professional artists). The committee’s aim is to create a varied program of good productions from Norway and Europe. Target group, genre, cast, geography, subject matter, economy, relevance and gender composition are elements that are emphasized when the program is decided.
Bodø is a city in Nordland County, and you can get here by plane, train or boat.
- Marked for Musikk does not pay an artist fee, but does cover travel expenses and provides accommodation and meals during the event. In addition, Marked for Musikk will provide necessary technical equipment and sound/lighting crew.
- Marked for Musikk is a showcase arena for facilitated buying and selling concerts. No fee is paid for the screenings, but MfM covers the costs of the performers participation (travel, accommodation, meals and technical equipment). MfM also organize panel discussions and some open concerts for families with children, where a fee is paid.
- If you are in the main programme, you will be given up to 30 minutes to showcase your concert. If you are appearing on the Spot on! stage you will be give 10-15 minutes to showcase the concert and a 5 minutes after-talk with a host.
- The programme allows for parallel showcases, which means that some participants may choose to leave one concert to catch a glimpse of another, while others may arrive midway. Participants are reminded to do so discretely.
- You can apply to participate by filling in an application form.
Feedback to performers who have submitted their production:
We open the registration of productions in January, but feedback is not necessarily given until May, when the program committee has assessed all submitted productions. Get in touch if feedback is urgent.
For questions, please contact:
+47 922 61 707