About Marked for Musikk
Marked for Musikk is an annual showcase event where professional artists present concerts aimed at a young audience from 0 to 18 years. The event’s target audience consists of bookers and producers for festivals, culture houses, libraries and The Cultural Schoolbag (school concerts).
- The event is set in the coastal town of Larvik (120 km southwest of Oslo).
- It takes place over three days in October every year.
- Approximately 100 artists divided between 28 acts participated in 2018. Most in the main programme, but some in a smaller showcase we call “Spot on!” (a stage for artists with new concert ideas and/or up and coming artists).
- There are no genre boundaries.
- In 2020 we will host YAMsession.
- A growing event that attracts participants from all over Norway. Approx. 145 delegates participated in 2018.
- Pupils from local schools and kinder gardens are present during most concerts and play an important role in creating a realistic setting for the musicians.
- The event is a collaboration between Vestfold County Council and Larvik Municipality.
- The event is supported by Kulturtanken – Arts for Young Audiences Norway.
Generally, each day focuses on defined age groups:
Day 1 – children
Day 2 – children and teenagers
Day 3 – teenagers
The Programme Committee and Advisory Committee
The event organisers work with a Programme Committee, whose role it is to discuss and advise on the musical content of the event. In addition there is an Strategic Committee, whose role it is to look at the bigger picture (relevance to the participants and the market, quality and development of the event, etc.). Members of both committees represent the event’s target audiences (festivals, culture houses, The Cultural Schoolbag and professional artists).
Larvik is a 20 minute drive from Torp Airport (TRF), there is a ferry connection between Hirtshals (Denmark) and Larvik, and there is a train to Larvik direct from Oslo Gardermoen Airport (OSL) that takes 2,5 hours.
- Marked for Musikk does not pay an artist fee, but does cover agreed travel expenses and provides accommodation and meals during the event.
In addition, Marked for Musikk will provide necessary technical equipment and sound/lighting crew.
- There is no deadline for applying to take part in Marked for Musikk. If we believe a concert fits the bill, we will try to find a slot in the event. If the current year’s event is full, we will make a new attempt the following year. We do, however, aim to have most slots filled by early summer.
- If you are in the main programme, you will be given up to 30 minutes to showcase your concert. If you are appearing on the Spot on! stage you will be give 10-15 minutes to showcase the concert and a 5 minutes after-talk with a host.
- The programme allows for parallel showcases, which means that some participants may choose to leave one concert to catch a glimpse of another, while others may arrive midway. Participants are reminded to do so discretely.
- You can apply to participate by filling in an application form.
For questions, please contact:
Linda Gjersøe Helseth
+47 91 34 57 33
Surveys carried out following Marked for Musikk 2018 showed that 95% of participating artists would recommend fellow artists to participate and that 3 out of 4 got bookings as a result of their appearance.