Marked for Musikk (MFM) is an annual showcase event where professional artists present music productions/concerts aimed at a young audience (0 to 18 years). In addition, the event hosts a seminar with a current topic. MFM is a collaboration between Vestfold County Council and Larvik Council, and was organised for the first time in 2010. The main aim of the event is to contribute to increased access to professional music of high quality for young audiences.
In 2016 MFM hosted Young Audience Music (YAM) Session 2016 – a European arena for concert showcases, talks, networking and more and a part of the EU-project Blackboard Music Project.
In 2018, Marked for Musikk will be held from October 23rd to 25th. Welcome to three inspiring and exciting days in Larvik!
MFM – Arena for Showcases
MFM is an arena for experiencing current concerts aimed at a young audience with buying and selling in mind, as well as a meeting point for people with a special interest in quality music for this age group.
MFM – Arena for Competency
MFM is an arena for sharing knowledge between professionals who work in the field of young audiences. MFM also hosts a seminar on a current topic.
MFM – Arena for bookers and producers for festivals, concert halls and culture venues of all types and sizes, as well as The Cultural Rucksack (school concerts), and more.
MFM – The Programme Committee devises the programme and consists of the following members:
Morten Brenne –Kulturtanken – DKS Norway
Siri Kvambe – Samspill
Wilfred Vuillaume – Interkultur, Drammen
Henriette Larsen – Miniøya (festival for children)
Linda Gjersøe Helseth – Vestfold County Council
MFM – The Advisory Committee looks at the bigger picture, such as relevance to the participants and the market, quality and development of the event, guest speakers etc.
See Om MFM for list of committee members.
MFM – Other Facts
- MFM lasts three days and takes place in October (YAM Session 2016: 25th -27nd Oct).
- Generally, each day focuses on defined age groups:
Day 1 – 0-12 years
Day 2 – 6-12 years
Day 3 – 13-18 years
- There are no genre boundaries.
- Children from local schools and kinder gardens are present during most concerts and play an important role in creating a realistic setting for the musicians.
- 70 musicians divided between 25 acts participated in 2015 – 20 in the main programme and 5 in a smaller showcase we call “Spot on!” (a stage for new concert ideas and/or up and coming artists).
- MFM is a growing event that attracts participants from all over Norway. Approx. 180 delegates participated in 2017.
- The event is set in the coastal town of Larvik (120 km southwest of Oslo) with easy transport links to Oslo.